Adults in the Room
VIFF at Home
Greek filmmaker Costa-Gavras has made a career out of shaping current events into charged political dramas like Z, Missing, and The Ax. At 87 he is still going strong, and his latest is a fascinating expose of the behind-the-scenes shenanigans when Greece elected a radical leftwing government in 2015 with a challenging remit to end austerity but stay in the Euro. Based on finance minister Yanis Varoufakis’s book, the film is an eye-opener which may have you reconsidering your ideas about Brexit, for instance. And while economics may not sound like an exciting watch, Costa-Gavras has made a lucid, compelling and surprisingly dynamic, even playful movie.
(In Greek, French, German and English, with subtitles.)
To stream this film:
- Click the link below.
- Purchase your virtual ticket (you may need to register an account first).
- The film costs $12 (CAD) to stream - you have 3 days to watch it.
- Please note that due to content protection, it may not be possible to 'screen mirror' some titles or connect to a television using HDMI. Please check the technical details of the film to make sure your device is supported (you can usually use AirPlay instead on iOS devices)
- Half of your on-demand screening fee will come back to VIFF.
- Thank you for supporting VIFF and enjoy the film!