Health and Safety Guidelines at VIFF Centre
We are following guidelines to ensure we are doing everything we can to keep our patrons, staff, and volunteers safe.
Phase 3 of the Provincial Reopening plan is currently in effect. The Covid Safety Protocols have been reduced to Communicable Disease Guidelines. This will be a phased reopening in order for us to remain flexible as we navigate this new normal.
This information is subject to change, so check back for the latest updates before buying your ticket or visiting.
BC Vaccine Card
Starting September 13th 2021, The Vancouver International Film Festival will be requring proof of at least one Covid-19 vaccination to attend all events at our 2021 Festival and year-round at the VIFF Centre. Please make sure you have your BC Vaccine Card and a piece of Government I.D. available to be checked prior to being admitted. Find out how to get your BC Vaccine Card.
Engaging with Employees
Employees are instructed to stay home if they are feeling unwell, and will be sent home immediately if they begin to feel unwell during their shift. VIFF has offered all staff an increased number of sick days to encourage them to follow this guideline.
- We are requiring all of our employees to wear personal protective equipment, including face coverings and/or masks.
- Plexiglass shields are installed at all employee-facing points of sale.
- Employees will have access to gloves and must wash their hands at least every 30 minutes
- In accordance with the BC Guidelines we are operating at a reduced capacity to allow for space between guests. This includes two wheelchair positions and their companion seats.
- Due to limited capacity, we request that patrons in wheelchairs call ahead to reserve wheelchair positions and their adjacent companion seats by calling us at 604-683-3456 during office hours.
- Lineups for the Box Office and admittance to the theatre will form outside the atrium, and have clear floor decals to indicate where patrons should stand.
- VIFF Centre staff and volunteers will assist with seating in the theatre. Patrons who attend together are permitted to sit together.
- There will be increased time between screenings to avoid audience crossover, and to allow for increased cleaning procedures.
Masks & Hand Sanitizer
- All VIFF staff and volunteers will be wearing face masks at all times.
- All visitors to VIFF Centre are required to wear a mask to be admitted. We ask that you wear your face mask at all times, except if you are eating or drinking in your seat. For patrons who have forgotten their mask at home, a supply of masks will be available at the theatre for no charge.
- Touchless hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the venue.
- A focus on regular cleaning of high-contact areas, such as door handles, counter tops, railings, elevator buttons, customer service barriers, and debit terminals.
- Thorough cleaning of the restrooms before, during, and after each screening.
- There will be extra time between screenings to incorporate these increased measures
- After-hours rigorous cleaning of the venue.
Due to reduced capacity we recommend that patrons purchase tickets online (viff.org) in advance when possible. In the case that the advance tickets are not entirely sold out the remaining tickets will be available for purchase in-person at the Box Office before each screening.
- Online ticket sales end one hour before each screening.
- The Box Office will open 60 minutes before the first screening of the day.
- Debit and Credit sales are preferred, but cash will still be accepted.
- No standby line available for sold out screenings
- No standby line available for sold out screenings
- Due to limited capacity, we request that patrons requiring wheelchair positions call ahead to reserve. The adjacent companion seat is also available to reserve. You can reach us at 604-683-3456 or email at email@example.com.
- If you feel unwell, particularly if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, we request that you please stay home. If you have purchased an advance ticket contact us for a refund. You can reach us at 604-683-3456 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are purchasing a ticket, line up outside the Box Office window (on the right side of our main entrance.) If you already have a ticket for the screening line up outside the double doors on the left side of our main entrance.
- VIFF Centre staff and volunteers will assist with seating in the theatre.
While in the theatre, we request that:
- You remain in your chosen seat
- You wear a face mask while not consuming food or drink
- We have reduced our menu options to speed concession transactions.
- Popcorn continues to be available! Other items include: Soft drinks, beer, wine and assorted cinema treats.
- There will be no self-serve stations and we are not allowing reusable cups.
- Hand hygiene signage is posted in the washrooms to encourage guests to wash hands for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap.
- Thorough cleaning of the restrooms will be conducted before, during, and after each screening.
Leaving the Theatre
- We request that you take your garbage with you and dispose of it in receptacles outside the theatre.
- Please exit one row at a time starting with the row closest to the exit (on the main level and balcony this is the row closest to the back of the theatre.
- Maintain physical distance on your way out. Thanks for your patience and for respecting your fellow VIFF Centre guests!